Ryan Trosen

Ryan Trosen

Monday, July 8, 2013

New Start

I had the chance to preach for a friend this past weekend and it was such a blessing. His church is making a transformation and the people are so kind and loving. While I missed being with my church this past Sunday it was such a blessing to be with these people. Seeing the transformation that God has given them has restored hope for me in other churches around that are struggling and not doing what God has called them too. If we are willing to stop what we are doing and start to allow ourselves to follow after the Missio Dei in our lives we could really transform what we are doing and who we are trying to reach.

I spoke on not allowing ourselves to have things i.e. sin control our lives. We at times can allow fear or sinful desires to pull the strings in our lives to keep us from all that God has for us. Think about all the things that we are missing because we have the fear in our lives that it might not be all that we want it to be. Think about the plans that we had for our lives that have not done well and why? Many times we try and get God to do our plan for our lives rather than to do what God has for us.

Dennis Kinlaw shares in his book, "Preaching in the Spirit", that we want to know the will of God not because we want to know but rather we want to place our stamp of approval onto it. I look at my own life when I see this and it helps me to keep things in focus. I do not need to be the one in control and I am so happy that God is the one calling the shots in my life. Please Lord guide me to where you want me to go.

Your thoughts?
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment