Ryan Trosen

Ryan Trosen

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Embrace this place...Embrace me

Last night as I was asleep I awoke to a small cry. I knew that it was my son so I got up to see what was wrong. When I went into his room I expected to see him standing up looking for either my wife or myself. He was not standing but rather still laying down in the bed crying out to us. I bent down to see what was wrong and he had somehow gotten his arm caught around one of the bars in his bed and edged up against the wall. He could not get out and was in need of some help. I helped free his arm and as he was still crying a little I kissed his arm where it had been stuck. He immediately buried his head into my chest started to suck his thumb and hold onto my shirt.

He was still really sad and and started to calm down a little bit but as I held him there I was so grateful that my son was willing to call out to me in his time of need. As I held him for a moment while he relaxed and fell back asleep my mind went to how much he has changed over the past year. But one thing that has been consistent is that when he is in trouble or in need is calls out to his parents and we respond. I hope that he continues to grow up and mature. But I pray that he will always call out to us when he is in trouble as well as call out to his heavenly father.

As I placed him down I was reminded of a song that we used to sing when we were in college. Embrace This Place, it was usually played by John and he was so humble in how he would play it and be in tune with God. The song talks about allowing us to draw near to God. How we want to see God in his glory and we want God to embrace the place where we are at. But I love the part where the song shares that we can lay our head on His chest and have our hearts with his.

I was so reminded of this last night as my son was willing to call out to us when he was in need and it was such a special time that I could hold him and have him lay his head on my chest and allow me to embrace him. I pray that God would come and embrace me today. I love the fact that my ABBA, my Daddy, will come to my aid when I am in need. Luke 15 shares of how the Prodigal Son comes home and is embraced by his father.

If you have not experienced this I can tell you that there is nothing like being in the arms of your Abba. He is one that will allow you to cry, sing for joy, and pound on his chest. He just loves to have his child call out to him. He will come running to you. I can tell you this with authority because I have experienced it many times over and hope to pass on this to my son. Will you cry out to God when you are in need? Will you allow yourself to be embraced by your Abba Father today?

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment